If you thought the healthy chocolate brownies were too good to be true then you’re in for a real treat… These cookies are amazing-super intense and fudgy, and the best part is that there’s no butter or flour in these puppies! If there was ever a “healthy” double chocolate cookie, this just may be it!
Flour-less Dark Chocolate Cookies-recipe adapted from the Divine baker
Makes about 24 cookies
Each cookie is approx. 72 calories
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips (about 9 ounces)
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided (plus 1/2 cup for cookie coating)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2 large baking sheets with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in glass bowl in microwave, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes. Set aside and let cool slightly.
- Using electric mixer, beat whites in large bowl to soft peaks. Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar. Continue beating until mixture resembles soft marshmallow cream
- Whisk 1 cup sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in medium bowl to blend. Then, on a low speed, add these dry ingredients into the marshmallow cream mixture
- Next, add remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips to lukewarm chocolate mixture (dough will become very stiff).
- Add chocolate mixture to cream mixture and blend well.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar in bowl. Roll 1 rounded tablespoon dough into ball; roll in sugar, coating thickly. Place on prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake until puffed and tops crack, about 10 minutes. Cool on sheets, then on rack for 10 minutes.