What is it about Sriracha that seems to make almost everything taste better? Brett & I use (a touch of) Sriracha on tons of dishes when we are looking to add a little kick, I don’t handle super spicy foods that well so just a bit of Sriracha is all I need! In fact, one of my favorite combinations its sweet & spicy, which is why I was super excited about today’s Baked Honey Sriracha Wings. Brett actually found this fabulous recipe online and modified it to better suit our taste =)
I must say, this chicken wing recipe was absolutely one of the BEST I’ve ever had!
Baked Honey Sriracha Wings [recipe]
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 cup Sriracha
- 2 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss wings with garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Place wings onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, using metal tongs to turn at halftime.
- While wings are baking, make the glaze by whisking together honey, Sriracha, soy sauce and lime juice in a bowl. Slowly whisk in flour to thicken.
- Brush wings with Sriracha glaze and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, brush with more glaze and broil for 3-4 minutes, or until crisp and crusted.
Serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds and more Sriracha for an even spicier kick!