This design board was developed for a young family, they are super busy parents with two very active toddlers. They wanted to de-clutter and have clean, functional place to hang coats, store shoes and suite up the kids for the day. They also expressed an interest in displaying their tots art somehow. They described their style as “preppy” and wanted a classy look that felt comfortable at the same time. They love using stripes and patterns as well as natural, neutral color pallets.
Below is the image provided by the clients:
Here is the proposed design board:
- The Andalusia Dhurrie rug in Horizon from West Elm. This Dhurrie Kilim rug is neutral yet room brightening, Dhurrie rugs are also very durable and super easy to clean so this will work great with two tots-not to mention, its very affordable.
- Ballard Designs, Durham Console Table. This table is has clean simple lines and is super sturdy for great quality for an active family. It’s distressed plank wood with metal design will bring a touch of rustic, natural charm to the space. I also added baskets to the bottom for a place to hide shoes.
- Home Decorators Collection, French Country Coat Rack. A classy, simple rack with lots and lots of hooks for the whole family.
- Bee Stand, from Ballard Design. This stand mirrors the same metal used in the console table to integrate the natural look, its a great piece for toddlers to hop up too.
- Ballard Designs Toulon Plater in gold. A touch of green is always important in any space, the gold planter ties in splashes of natural yellows.
- Home Decorators Collection Gervasio Floor Lamp, all entryways should have a light source if possible, whether is be natural or from a fixture. This floor lamp is simple and understated, yet adds a touch of sophistication to the room.
- Ballard Designs, Brighton Club Chair in Callisto Green Stripe. Its always great to provide a spot to plop and take off your shoes or suite up in an entry way. This chair integrates the clients love of stripes and neutrals.
- Pottery barn Textured Linen Throw pillow in flax, another simple, understated way to bring in the yellows from the color pallet.
- Home Decorators Collection Amadour Bubble Vase. I’m loving these versatile bubble vases right now, they can be blended into almost any decor and look great with all kinds of tall greens and flowers, so simple to change out for each season.
- The paint colors by Benjamin Moore, from left to right: Horizon Gray, Cork & Whitall Brown. Since the owners colors from nature, my inspiration for this pallet was the natural colors found in slate.