We all know how enjoyable it is to schedule reservations at our favorite restaurants and dine in. There’s nothing as satisfying as being served a meal without having to cook or clean. Visiting our favorite restaurants every night simply isn’t realistic, however.
As much as we’d love to eat out every night, doing so can get expensive, and we don’t always have the time or energy to drive there and back. When you find yourself in this situation, it’s time to learn how to create your favorite restaurant dinners right in the comfort of your own home!
Sure, you’ll have to do the cooking and the cleaning, but the result will be worth it in the end. You won’t have to worry about changing out of your pajamas or driving in traffic. All you have to do is follow a few simple steps and recipes and enjoy!
Continue reading below for everything you need to know about recreating some of your favorite restaurant meals at home!
1. Orange Chicken
We all know and love a good orange chicken dish from a local Asian restaurant. Now, you can make it at home. Here’s what you’ll need.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into bite sizes)
- 3 whisked eggs
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 1/3 cup of cornstarch + 1 tablespoon
- frying oil
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon of ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Scallions or green onions
- Get your sauce started by placing the orange juice, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and red chili flakes in a medium pot on medium-high for about 3 minutes.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of corn starch with 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Whisk it together until it turns into a paste-like consistency. Add the paste into the orange sauce in and continue whisking and cooking for 5 minutes.
- Once the sauce thickens, remove from heat and stir in the orange zest.
- In a shallow dish, mix 1/3 a cup of corn starch and 1/3 a cup of flour. Top off with a pinch of salt and stir.
- Place whisked eggs in a bowl. Dip the bite-size chicken in the eggs and then cover with flour.
- In a pot over medium-high heat, heat 2-3inches of oil. Oil is ready when it reaches 350°. Cook chicken bites in batches.
- Cook and flip chicken for 2-3 minutes or until crispy brown. Remove and place on a paper towel on top of a plate.
- Toss the chicken with the orange sauce and garnish with scallions and orange zest.
You can even set some orange sauce on the side to save for topping some sticky rice with! Place some soy sauce in a bowl on the side as well for dipping.
2. Bread Bowl With Broccoli Soup
Have you ever wondered how they make a delicious broccoli soup inside those yummy bread bowls? How do they keep the bread from softening or falling apart and leaking the soup out? We’re going to tell you how to do that exact thing!
Here’s what you’ll need.
- 2 cups of half and half cream
- 1/4 a cup of cubed butter
- 2 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups of chicken stock + 1/4 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 a cup of corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 a cup of chopped onions
- 1 large carrot chopped finely
- 4 cups of fresh broccoli florets
- 6 round small bread loaves
- Additional toppings (shredded cheese, bacon, pepper, etc…)
- Heat butter over medium heat in a large stockpot. Saute the garlic and onion until cooked, about 6-8 minutes. Add the 3 cups of chicken stock, broccoli, carrots, cream, and all seasonings.
- Bring the pot to a boil and then simmer uncovered for about 10-12 minutes. Mix the 1/4 a cup of chicken stock and cornstarch together until smooth and then stir into the soup. Bring soup to a boil. Stir occasionally and cook until thick (1-2 minutes).
- Remove bay leaves and add the cheese (stir until melted).
- Slice the tops of the bread loaves and hollow them. There should be 1/4 an inch of bread left on the sides and bottom to help hold the soup.
- Pour the soup into the bowls right before serving to prevent the bread from becoming soggy.
You can then decide if you want to add any of those extra toppings or not. This soup goes well with some shredded cheddar cheese on top!
3. Homemade Crunch Wrap Supreme
Who doesn’t love a Taco Bell crunch wrap supreme? They’re the perfect combination of soft and hard tacos and are super easy to eat. Why waste time driving there to get one, though?
While the food service industry learns new ways to combat Covid-19, you can make this delicious dinner right at home!
Make it at home following these steps here.
- Large Flour tortillas
- Small flat circular hard-shell taco (discs)
- Hot sauce
- Sour cream
- Mexican shredded cheese blend
- Queso of your choice
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- 1 tomato
- Anything else you’d like to toss in
- Place the ground beef in a pan on medium-high heat. Mix in taco seasoning. Cook until no pink remains.
- Place meat in a strainer and wipe the pan out.
- Place 1 large flour tortilla on a plate. Place a hard-shell taco disc on top. Then, add all your favorite ingredients.
- The order doesn’t matter but keep the portions small so you can close the wrap without tearing it. Don’t forget to add the meat.
- Fold the large flour tortilla over the top. Place it in the pan on medium-high heat with the folded side face down. This will ensure it stays together.
- Cook for a few minutes before flipping. Brown both sides. Remove from pan and enjoy! Don’t forget to dip it in your hot sauce.
Spanish rice or chips and melted cheese go well as side items for this dish. It’s an old-time fast-food favorite made in the comfort of your own home!
Which Restaurant Dinners Will You Try?
Heading out to your favorite restaurant for a delicious meal is nice every now and then, but being able to cook these yummy meals at home is a game-changer. No longer worry about making reservations or placing a take-out order.
Use these recipes for restaurant dinners listed above to turn your own kitchen into your favorite place to eat.
For more posts on food and culinary topics, make sure you visit daily!