Chocolate, caramel, and pretzel…is there anything better than that combo? Besides coffee of course, nothing tops coffee. But seriously, I love nothing more than a super simple recipe that looks and tastes like it came from a five star restaurant. Today’s Salted Caramel Pretzel Bites take no more than 10 minutes to make and you’d swear they came from a gourmet shop. I’ve made this simple dessert recipe for family functions, and its always a huge hit but it’s so amazing that I also plan on making it for holidays and packaging it up in cute little bags for little gifts. These Salted Caramel Pretzel Bites have only three ingredients, don’t need to be baked, and are actually fun to make…so you can even enlist help from the kids, which they’ll love! I could go on all day about how amazing these are, but I’ll just get straight to the recipe!
You’ll need to grab a few things from the store first. Pick up a bag of good chocolate chips (I love Ghirardelli ), salted pretzels, and Kraft caramel bits. The first time I made these, I made the mistake of buying the individually wrapped caramel squares which were a pain to unwrap… so do yourself a favor and just get the unwrapped bits 😉 ! The last thing you’ll need is course salt like kosher or sea salt, I didn’t need to buy this as I always have it in the house anyway!
Simple Salted Caramel Pretzel Bites [10 minute recipe]
- 1 (12 ounces) bag of good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 1/2 cup mini pretzel twists, about half of a regular 16-ounce bag
- 1 (11 ounce) bag Kraft Caramel Bits or homemade caramel
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Line a packing sheet with parchment paper
- Heat 8 ounces of chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl until melted, stir frequently to avoid burning- set remaining chocolate chips aside
- Pour melted chocolate onto the parchment paper, spread into a thin (approx. 1/4") layer
- Quickly layer pretzels over the chocolate, don't worry about placing them perfectly, overlapping them adds to the appeal
- Add caramel bits to a microwave safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water and melt according to package instructions (on high for 2 minutes). Stir well and drizzle the melted caramel over the top of all of the pretzels-allow to set, approx. 2 minutes
- Melt remaining chocolate and drizzle over the top of the caramel-allow to harden, approx. 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle course sea salt over the top of the caramel while its still slightly soft
- Break apart into squares and enjoy!
It even looks amazing as one giant piece! You could break it apart by hand for more of a bark style treat, or cut it with a knife if you want more uniform look.
I decided to cut mine into little squares this time…
Seriously, you guys, look at these things…
Ready to plate in minutes!