Who doesn’t love a good pasta salad, especially during the warm Summer months? There are a million different variations, and we’ve tried a good number of them, from a hearty & spicy Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad to a bright & flavorful Confetti Veggie Pasta Salad. They’re all so yummy, but our favorite part about pasta salads is that they’re super simple to prepare and they can be served along with just about any meal, especially during the Summer time. For this reason, you’ll find a simple & yummy pasta salad dish at just about all of our events & family functions! Today we’re sharing one of my all time favorite pasta salad recipes. It couldn’t be easier to prepare, and it’s always a BIG hit among friends and family- oh, and kids LOVE it too! Checks all my boxes!
So here it is, our “BLT” Pasta Salad Recipe…
As you can see, you won’t find any lettuce in this pasta salad, so it’s not exactly “BLT”, but it’s close enough for us 😉
- 12 oz. elbow pasta, cooked (or pasta of your choice)
- 1/2 cup Hellman's mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes (we prefer heirloom)
- 6 pieces of applewood smoked bacon, cooked and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- dash of crushed red pepper (optional)
- In a large bowl, blend pasta with mayonnaise.
- Add celery, tomatoes, bacon, celery salt, salt and pepper and stir until well combined.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Add more mayonnaise, salt & pepper just before serving if needed (to taste).
We love serving this simple pasta salad along with a nice barbecue grilled chicken. What do you like to serve with your pasta salad?
The heirloom tomatoes are my favorite part 😉
This simple pasta salad is a must try! Share it with your friends & family and let us know what you think!