Bananas are a staple in our household, my kids are obsessed with them and they make quick & easy snacks. At least once a month, I purposely leave out three bananas until they turn brown…I do this because over-ripe bananas are the KEY to a great banana bread! Often, if I’m not ready, I’ll freeze the bananas until I’m ready to make a banana bread. My pecan banana bread recipe has been passed down and perfected for generations and is truly the best banana bread I’ve ever had if I do say so myself 😉
Pecan Banana Bread
- 3/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas (over-ripe)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees for standard loaf pan, or 350 for extra long loaf pan.
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs together in a large bowl.
- Mash bananas into bowl, stir but do not over blend.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes, until top is golden brown.