Once in a great while I have an unusually productive day and I’m able to find the time to prepare a nice big meal for Brett and the kids, but that was not today! In fact, 7pm rolled around and I still had no idea what we were having, which meant that the usual 10 minute quick fix was in order! I decided to fry up some zucchini, which is always a hit, but tonight I added pasta and cheese to beef it up a bit…the end result was super quick and SO yummy!
10 Minute Zucchini Parmesan
- 2 zucchini, cut into thin discs
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- Olive oil
- 10 oz. angel hair pasta, cooked
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- Crack egg into small bowl, beat, set aside
- Combine bread crumbs, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese and salt in large bowl, set aside.
- Coat large skillet with olive oil, heat to medium high.
- Dip zucchini disks in egg, then toss in bread crumb mixture. Drop onto hot skillet, fill pan but do not overlap.
- Sear zucchini for 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove from skillet and place on paper towel to soak up extra oil. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
- Plate pasta and top with tomato sauce, Zucchini and Parmesan cheese.