Today’s simple salad recipe has become one of my go-to salads for dinner parties, second to my all time favorite Brussels Sprout Salad of course. It’s super impressive looking with all of it’s beautiful colors & textures, AND it’s very simple to make too! My family & friends rave over this Gorgonzola Pear Salad every time I make it, so it’s got my stamp of approval!
For the salad…
- 1 head leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 pears – peeled, cut into thin wedges
- 5 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 cup candied pecans (quick candied pecans recipe)
For the dressing…
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
Toss salad ingredients together in a large salad bowl. Prepare salad dressing by whisking ingredients together in a small bowl. Toss salad with dressing and top with candied pecans, serve immediately. Extra dressing can be stored covered in the fridge for up to one week.
This salad couldn’t be more perfect for a light Spring dinner!
Find more simple dinner recipes here…