I’m wondering if anyone else loves Funny Bones as much as I do? I don’t eat them nearly as much as I did when I was a kid, mostly because they’re so addicting…but there’s just something so irresistible about that creamy peanut butter & chocolate combination. Actually, it’s safe to say that I love anything that incorporates both peanut butter & chocolate, like my heavenly Dirty Monkey Cookies. So, I’m actually surprised I didn’t think of creating today’s super simple & amazing cake recipe much sooner! This chocolate & peanut butter cake tastes JUST LIKE biting into a giant Funny Bone, so naturally, I’ve named it The Funny Bone Cake! Oh, and the best part is that it can’t get simpler to make because it uses a basic boxed cake!
The Funny Bone Cake [recipe]
- Betty Crocker’s Chocolate Super Moist Fudge cake mix
- Betty Crocker’s Chocolate Frosting
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Prepare two 9″ round chocolate cakes according to box instructions. Allow cakes to cool at room temperature.
- Prepare the Funny Bone peanut butter filling by whipping together the peanut butter and butter in a medium bowl. Gradually stir in powdered sugar. Blend until filling is fully mixed.
- Spread peanut butter filling over one of the cakes, then stack the second cake on top. Finish the cake by frosting it with chocolate frosting!
Enjoy your Funny Bone Cake!
Find more cakes & sweet recipes here…