My sweet tooth gets the best of me WAY too often…which is why I’m always looking for healthier ways to satisfy it =) One of my favorite sweets is bread pudding, but making it is usually a long process that leaves me with a week worth of leftovers (which I’ll consume within the first two days…) You can only begin to imagine my delight when I came across this healthy bread pudding recipe on The Vegan Stoner recently, I knew that it was an immediate MUST TRY. I made a few modifications to the recipe, including cutting down the recipe to a single size serving 😉
Banana Bread Pudding [for one]
- one banana
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1.8 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 slices of bread (your choice, I used sprouted wheat)
- 1 tbsp melted butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut banana into thin slices and toss with brown sugar, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat coconut milk, sugar and vanilla extract (just until a very light simmer).
- Add bread to pan, allow the bread to soak in the liquid for one minute. In a small baking dish (or divided into two ramekins), add a layer of bread, then banana slices, bread again, then more banana slices.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until top is light golden brown.
Remove from oven and drizzle a bit of melted butter on top (optional). Bon appetite!