I was whirling around my house last weekend trying to tackle some much needed Spring cleaning when I opened up my (rarely used) front door only to find I STILL hadn’t taken down my red rosewood Christmas wreath! AHHH! I felt like one of those people that leave their Christmas lights on in July…not a good look…as I pulled down my Christmas wreath, I remembered that I’d bought a garland of “greens” on my last trip to the Hobby Lobby (love that place!). I had an old branch wreath frame laying around too, so I quickly threw together this simple, yet beautiful Spring wreath! When I say quickly, I mean record timing…this entire Spring wreath took me no more than 5 minutes to make!
[5 Minute] DIY Spring Wreath
one medium wreath frame (the twisted branch wreaths are only $1 at the Dollar Tree =) )
one 6′ garland of greens (I purchased mine from the Hobby Lobby, on sale for $7.50)
at least nine round white coffee filters
First things first, we’ll make the faux hydrangeas for our Spring wreath. Last Spring, we made en entire wreath using coffee filter hydgrangeas. The coffee filter flowers are super easy to make!
First, flatten out three coffee filters, layered on top of each other.
Next, fold them all together in an acordian-like method…
Cinch the middle of the filters with a twist tie…
Starting with the inside pedals, pull up the sides of the coffee filters…
Your flower should now look something like this… I made three of these for my wreath, but you can make as many as you prefer!
Now the your faux flowers are done, set them aside while we move onto adding the greens to the wreath. Simply wrap your garland of greens around the wreath frame. Secure it to the wreath by wedging pieces of the garland between the wreath branches every few inches.
The last step is adding the coffee filter flowers to your wreath! You should have pieces of twist ties stemming from the inside of each flower, simply secure the flowers to the wreath by wrapping the twist ties around the wreath’s branches…
That’s it! Your 5 Minute DIY Spring Wreath is complete!