Monday’s are no fun…and usually by the end of a long, busy day the last thing I feel like doing is planning and preparing a big meal. So over the years I’ve put together a list of some of my favorite quick and easy weeknight meals, and more recently, easy kid friendly meals became even more important! To make it into my recipe box, a meal has to be quick (less than 30 minutes to prepare), made with simple ingredients (things I usually keep on hand), and if it’s a one pot meal it gets big bonus points! I created today’s recipe when the twins were around a year old. We had just begun letting them eat the same foods as us, so I prepared meals with two very fussy eaters in mind! This one pot dinner was an instant hit! Brett and I loved it, and the twins couldn’t get enough of it! Since then, my One Pot Mexican Fiesta Pasta has became a weeknight staple!
One Pot Mexican Fiesta Pasta [Quick Weeknight Meal]
[recipe serves 4]
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 (12. oz) can diced tomatos
- 12 oz. pasta (I like to use bowtie and rotini)
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 can corn
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt + pepper to taste
- In large skillet, on medium-high, saute ground beef until browned.
- Add tomatoes, corn, taco seasoning, garlic powder, cheese, pasta and water. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover, cook for 20 minutes until liquid is absorbed.