We’re about to take off on a family vacation to Bermuda, so I’ve been in the “use up all the produce” mode all week! One of my biggest pet peeves is waisting food… I was contemplating what to cook for dinner last night with our abundance of veggies and herbs, most of them fresh from the garden (which would be a crime to waist!)…then it hit me, Pasta Primavera, a refreshing Summer dish I haven’t made in forever! Pasta Primavera is a super light & simple dish to prepare. I used the veggies we had on hand- zucchini, summer squash, onion, carrot, green pepper and tomato, which was a DELICIOUS combo, but you could easily substitute a few of these for other vegetables you might have on hand. The staple veggies I would stick to in this dish are the onion, carrot, green (or red) pepper and tomato! So without further ado, here’s our Farm to Table Pasta Primavera Recipe…
[Farm to Table] Pasta Primavera
Recipe serves 4
- 1 zucchini, cut into half circles
- 1 summer squash, cut into half circles
- 2 carrots-cut into circles
- 1 green pepper- cut into strips
- 1 onion-cut into strips
- 1 large tomato- diced
- 5 cloves of garlic- minced
- 1 bunch of basil (approx. 10 leaves)-cut into strips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup freshly Grated
- Parmesan/Asiago cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb. Angel hair pasta-cooked according to package
- Prepare veggies as indicated, set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, add olive oil, carrots and garlic- sauté on medium heat for 2 minutes. Add remaining vegetables (except tomatoes) and continue to sauté for 3-5 minutes until tender.
- Reduce heat to low. Add butter, white wine, basil, tomato, half the Parmesan cheese, paprika and salt & pepper to taste. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour vegetables over pasta, toss and top with remaining cheese.
Simple & best Pasta Primavera recipe!