There are some delicious looking pumpkin cake recipes floating around right now and it’s absolute torture for me! I am a complete sucker for apple and pumpkin spiced anything (hense my new favorite Fall Cocktail)! So after a nice little Sunday dinner with the Mister, I figured it was the perfect opportunity to test out some of the pumpkin cake recipes I’d found. I tried three different recipes, from one with a complicated list of multiple ingredients, to a simple pumpkin cake recipe that called for only two ingredients! In the end, their was a clear winner…hands down, no questions asked. It was the two ingredient, simple pumpkin spice cake! I modified the recipe just a bit to soften and fluff up the consistancy, the result was plain & simple pumpkin-cake-perfection. And the best part? So without further ado, here it is, the Three Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Cake (with apple cider glaze)…
Three Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Cake with Apple Cider Glaze
Barely adapted from the Noble Pig
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Optional: A few dashes of pumpkin pie spice, just to kick things up a notch (I did this and I highly recommended it!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together cake mix, pumpkin puree and Greek Yogurt. The batter will be very thick, be sure ingredients are mixed together well.
- Pour pumpkin cake batter into a baking dish. I chose to use individual ramekins, for single size servings. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cake puffs up and toothpick comes out clean. You do not want to over cook this cake.
- While cake is baking, you can whip up the simple cider glaze…
INGREDIENTS (for the apple cider glaze)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Greek Yogurt
- 3 tbsp. apple cider
- 3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Blend powdered sugar, Greek yogurt, apple cider and pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl. Consistency should be a pour-able glaze. Add more powdered sugar to thicken, and more cider to thin as needed.
- Pour glaze over warm cake and serve immediately.
Isn’t it pretty? The perfect end to a yummy Fall dinner
Forget pretty…this is the fluffiest, most flavorful cake. Ever.
Seriously…this pumpkin cake litterally melts in your mouth…
Ahh yes. My new favorite Fall dessert for sure!