Some salads taste so yummy that they are just as satisfying as a big juicy burger and fries, and there’s a reason for that- most of those salads have just as many calories Big Mac with fries!
That’s one thing you won’t find here!
This salad is SO delightful and seemingly sinful, but it is super low calorie AND packed of powerful nutrients…indulge my friends!
Healthy Taco Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 can of chic peas (brushed with olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder, kosher salt and pepper- roasted for 30 min at 375 degrees)
- 1 Pound turkey meat
- 1 Package taco seasoning
- 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Package of spinach or mix field greens
- 1 Small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Avocado, chopped
- 1 Cup broccoli sprouts
- ½ Cup chopped onion
For the dressing:
- ½ Cup cilantro leaves
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon Splenda, sugar, or honey
- 1 Tablespoon basil leaves
- 1 Tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ Cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Prepare roasted chickpeas. Brown turkey meat and prepare according to the taco meat seasoning instructions.
Prepare salad by dividing lettuce mixture onto plates. Top lettuce with a little of each bell pepper, avocado, broccoli sprouts, chopped onion, and tomatoes.
To prepare salad dressing place cilantro, garlic, juice, onion, Splenda, basil, Dijon, and cumin into blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and well combined. Stream in olive oil until well mixed. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
Add prepared meat and chickpeas to lettuce and veggies. Drizzle with salad dressing.